Reporting to the Lead, Water Quality, the Water Quality Engineer-in-Training (EIT) is responsible for using planning tools and water quality data analysis to support mine planning and water quality management decisions at Teck’s Coal operations.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Undertake water quality modelling work as required to support mine plan evaluations and regulatory applications
- Undertake water quality modelling work as required to support the planning, design, and operation of water quality mitigations
- Complete or review monitoring programs or study designs to provide input to water quality models
- Identify potential water quality management issues
- Coordinate with consulting teams and Teck subject matter experts to complete water modelling scopes of work, including providing input information for models
- Support development and maintenance of site-specific planning tools associated with water quality predictions and water balances
- Support improvement and updating of water modelling tools
- Develop and support the use of processes to standardize routine modelling tasks
- Perform other responsibilities as required or as assigned
- Engineering degree in a water related discipline
- Zero to four years of relevant professional experience
- Water and mining experience or education in mine planning, water management or environmental engineering is an asset
- Technical knowledge of water quality planning tools, specifically GoldSim, is an asset
- Excellent Excel skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both formal and informal settings
- Eligibility to register as an Engineer-in-Training to work towards professional designation is a requirement
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.