Mount Polley Mining Corporation (MPMC) has a position available for full-time Warehouse person. MPMC is seeking an experienced professional with a strong warehousing background to join our hardworking and dedicated team. This is a labour intensive positon and the incumbent will be required to work across a wide variety of weather conditions. After a training period the shift schedule will be 7 12-hour shifts of work followed by 7 days of rest.
The Warehouse person will report to the Warehouse General Foreman or their designate. Responsibilities will include preparing and fulfilling orders for delivery and pick up, receiving and processing warehouse stock products, shipping, and performing inventory controls.
- Receive and process warehouse stock products
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery and/or pickup
- Perform inventory controls and keeping quality standards high
- Keep a clean and safe working environment
- Report discrepancies
- Restock inventory
- Operate warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Comply with procedures, rules and regulations
Minimum Qualifications & Preferences
- High school diploma
- Two (2) years’ experience in an industrial environment, preferably the mining industry
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience using warehouse software (SAP) for tracking inventory will be considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to work shift work, nights, weekends and holidays
- Warehouse ticket will be considered an asset
- Will need to work outside in harsh weather conditions. Must be physically fit and capable of lifting heavy objects
Mount Polley Mining Corporation
Human Resources Depart.
firstname.lastname@example.org | fax #250.790.2613
An attractive salary package, including relocation, will be negotiated with the succesful candidate. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
Mount Polley Mining Corporation is not a fly-in camp. Employees are expected to find their own accommodation. Daily transportation to/from the mine site is available from Williams Lake area. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mount Polley Mining Corporation, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.