Reporting to the Senior Engineering Supervisor, Coarser Coal Project (CCP), the Technician, Coarser Coal Project is responsible for the ongoing operation and training of the CCP Pilot Plant, in addition to supporting the project execution and operational readiness scopes for the large-scale implementation of the project in the Elk Valley.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop and maintain expertise in all aspects of the operation of the CCP Pilot Plant
- Operate the pilot plant to produce coal ‘pellets’ according to the operating parameters requested by the Processing Improvement team
- Perform a basic level of maintenance and care on CCP Pilot Plant equipment, ensuring a continuous state of readiness for operation
- Prepare training plans for the operation and maintenance of the pilot and large-scale facilities
- Train operations personnel from various Teck Coal sites in the safe, steady, and reliable operation of CCP equipment
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of Pilot Plant operating parameters
- Aid in preparation of testing plans
- Perform laboratory testing of agglomerated coal and prepare written laboratory reports
- Aid in the development of standard operating procedures for all equipment utilized in the CCP Pilot Plant
- Aid in the development of maintenance schedules and procedures for all equipment utilized in the CCP Pilot Plant
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the CCP Pilot Plant by proactively identifying opportunities, communicating them to the team, and executing the necessary changes
- Participate in design reviews for the development of large-scale facilities and contribute knowledge and expertise gained through the operation of the Pilot Plant
- Assist in the development of operational control philosophies for the large-scale facilities
- Support the operational readiness (OR) activities that will precede the eventual handover of the large-scale facilities to the parent sites, including the development of an OR plan and execution of OR activities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum three years’ experience in an operating processing environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making abilities
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Highly organized self-starter with strong time management skills
- Computer skills and demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office Suite®
- Valid Class 5 British Columbia Driver's License or equivalent
- Previous experience in training, commissioning, or process optimization roles is considered an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.