Reporting to the Commercial Solutions Supervisor, the Support Analyst shall play a key role in delivering effective business solutions primarily within the coal Marketing, Logistics, and Processing Plant domains, by engaging in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle. This role is multifaceted, blending elements of functional and business analysis with solution design and hands-on technical application. At least 50% of the effort will involve application support. The Support Analyst shall partner with the business to comprehend the business drivers as well as data challenges faced by his/her clients.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Support the incumbent in-house developed systems
- Provide Tier II and/or Tier III level support and technical insight in regards to problem analysis and resolution
- Ensure assigned support incidents and tasks are completed on time
- Become a functional expert of the incumbent in-house developed systems and understand their interrelations and integration points with various 3rd party systems, both internal and external
- Translate functional specifications and other Business Analysis artifacts into both high level and detailed design specifications
- Design, specify, and where appropriate select new information systems for purchase, while considering functional, data, security, governance, integration, infrastructure, and performance requirements
- Ensure that all designs pertaining to the incumbent in-house developed systems strictly adhere to their current architecture
- Identify and document areas of improvement to both system functionality and workflow
- Elicit and record requirements using customer interviews
- Develop detailed functional specifications and related artifacts
- Provide the business with cost effective alternative approaches and accompanying analysis to enable the business to decide upon the best approach
- Perform software testing and quality assurance
- Develop (where required) accurate and complete test plans, conduct testing in accordance with the plan and record the results
- Work collaboratively with the established co-source company to develop effective regression test plans for systems by considering the business processes in which they are embedded
- Work with project managers to develop high level project schedule resource plans for implementing projects
- Perform SSRS report development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with a minimum of 2 years in a professional technical role with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Thorough understanding and practical experience in all elements of the software development lifecycle
- Ability to comprehend business drivers and data challenges faced by clients
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server, query construction and analysis
- Working knowledge of data modeling and software system design
- Ability to proficiently deal with multiple competing priorities
- Advanced knowledge of MS SSRS, MS Excel and the generation of Excel based reports from MS .NET
- Working knowledge of .NET, and in particular VB.NET
- Effective verbal communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts to lay clients
- Personable and interacts in a cordial manner; effective results-driven team and cross-team player
- Knowledge of bulk commodity supply chain management would be an asset
- A strong technical background is required to facilitate the troubleshooting of issues pertaining to the supported applications and services
- Strong critical thinker with an aptitude for problem solving
- Proficient technical writing abilities
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.