Reporting to the General Supervisor, Mine Operations, the Supervisor, Mine Operations - Services is responsible for pit pumping, bucket maintenance, as well as optimizing the day to day operation of the Mine Services Personnel.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Provide guidance and direction to all crew members under direct supervision
- Manage the pumping activities for both pit dewatering and selenium initiatives
- Oversee the bucket maintenance repairs on site
- Complete other responsibilities as required or as assigned
- Possess a Shiftboss Certification
- Have a minimum of two years open pit mining and supervisory experience
- Experience in Blasting and a valid Blasting Certification will be considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess basic computer skills
- Excellent attitude toward safety
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.