Reporting to the Supervisor, Operational Analytics, the Software Analyst – Analytics is responsible for developing as well as providing maintenance, administration and technical support for analytics systems across Teck’s mining operations. The successful candidate will also participate in support of numerous other platforms as a member of a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative team.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Provide application development, enhancement and support of Operational Analytics systems throughout Teck’s mining operations worldwide
- Assist in the design of solutions to solve Operational Analytics problems for mining and processing operations
- Work with stakeholders to help develop business requirements and needs for operational problems
- Manage and implement releases of Operational Analytics systems and applications
- Implement sustainable integrations between Operational Analytics systems and other systems throughout Teck
- Maintain application and system documentation
- Facilitate and support incident response and forensics for Analytics applications and systems
- Administrate Operational Analytics systems and applications as well as supporting required infrastructure including servers and databases
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline, and three years of experience
- Familiarity with programing technologies and languages including Microsoft’s Power BI tools, SQL, SSRS, SSIS, .NET C#, Python and Visual Basic
- Knowledge of general computer controls related to operations, information security and change management of systems software, application source code, network, and system database technologies
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Strong cross-functional team participant and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Consideration is given to candidates seeking promotion, the Company’s succession plan, and external candidates.
If you are interested in the above position, please submit your resume before June 20, 2018. For staff, please visit connect.teck.com, launch Building Strength with People, and select careers. For hourly, please apply directly to site HR, Mark Boudreau, Mark.Boudrea@teck.com.
cc: All Sites Date Up: June 6, 2018
cc: All Bulletin boards Date Down: June 20, 2018