Reporting to the General Supervisor, Mine Operations, the Senior Supervisor, Mine Operations will work closely with Mine Maintenance, Engineering, Process Operations, and the other Operations Supervisors to supervise and direct the crew’s daily activities while working to support the long-term goals of the operation.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop and maintain a safe working environment through compliance with Teck Coal’s Health & Safety Program and the BC Mines Act
- Measure the performance of the crew in achieving operating targets and maximize employee work performance and productivity through coaching and feedback
- Understand mine plans and mine maintenance activities working constructively with the various departments
- Manage crew training requirements and vacation
- Liaise with other crew supervision, engineers, maintenance and human resources personnel in coordinating mining activities in an efficient manner
- Administer the collective agreement, safety, mine, and environmental regulations in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures
- Drive a culture of innovation through employee engagement programs
- Perform other responsibilities as required or as assigned
- Minimum seven years of direct experience in managing activities in an open pit mining environment
- Possess a valid Shiftboss certificate
- Proven track record of supervising a crew of employees
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Effective leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Possess a high level of energy, be detail orientated, and willing to embrace change
- Strong written skills and computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite®
- Familiar with the operation and functionality of the Wenco Dispatch system
- Mine Rescue training is considered an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.