Taseko Mines is a dynamic and growing Canadian mining company. Taseko is the operator of the state-of-the-art Gibraltar Mine, the second largest copper mine in Canada, with a nearly 700 person workforce, producing an average of 140 million pounds of copper per year.
In addition to being a large copper producer, Taseko is also an accomplished mine developer with a promising pipeline of gold, copper and niobium interests in both Canada and the United States. The company is currently constructing its first international copper mine – the Florence Copper Project – which will become a $250 million in-situ copper recovery operation, just an hour’s drive south of Phoenix Arizona.
Taseko attributes its continued success and expansion to its most valued asset, its people. Driven by excellence, our approach has been to seek out, identify and then hire the best. Excellence is always our goal and achieving it means attracting, training and rewarding those who share our ambition and passion to be the very best we can be.
This is your chance to join a team of experienced mining and environmental management professionals and become part of an exciting future of growth and personal development.
We currently have an opening at our Gibraltar Mine for the following position:
As part of our continuous growth we are currently sourcing a Senior Mechanical Engineer within the Milling department at our Gibraltar Mine to complement our world class team. This position reports to the Manager, Milling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for
- Fixed plant reliability program.
- Condition monitoring program.
- Failure analysis and corrective measures.
- Development and management of the 5 year capital plan within the department.
- Major process improvement and plant upgrade projects.
- Provide technical support to operations/maintenance.
- Leading a team of two engineers and one student position.
- Mechanical Engineering degree or technical diploma combined with extensive experience.
- Professional Engineer in BC, or ability to register as such.
- Experience in reliability engineering and project management.
- Mineral processing knowledge would be advantageous.
- Supervisory and mentorship experience is considered a strong asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as effective interpersonal abilities.
Gibraltar offers an excellent benefit package which includes competitive salary, a Registered Retirement Savings Plan and relocation assistance to Williams Lake. Gibraltar Mines Ltd. is a unionized organization, Unifor Local 3018. The company does not have a camp.
Williams Lake and area offers a unique combination of small city facilities, reasonably priced housing, excellent outdoor recreational opportunities and a temperate climate, all in a very central location, within easy driving distance to Kamloops, the Okanagan and the Lower Mainland.