Reporting to the Superintendent of Maintenance, the Senior Engineer Supervisor, Maintenance is responsible for leading the engineering needs of the Maintenance Department and managing various projects.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Work closely with the Maintenance and Mine Engineering departments to ensure maximum value for the organization
- Identify, understand, and quantify process risks that may impact performance
- Execute staff assessments, training, development, and hiring of staff to carryout planned work in the Engineering Group of the Maintenance Department
- Investigate alternative technologies and their potential application to improve existing and future infrastructure
- Direct the development and completion of engineering deliverables required for advancing technologies in a timely and cost effective manner. Such as engineering packages, conceptual desktop level studies, and capital and operating cost assessments and reports
- Deliver maintenance projects with key success factors aligned to the project business case, including health and safety, environmental compliance, schedule, cost, and quality
- Develop and support operating budgets annually
- Lead and support key maintenance projects as required
- Related engineering degree, technical diploma, or trade certification with nine plus years of relevant experience
- Ability to build and lead a highly collaborative team with a focus on delivering value and promoting the sharing of best practices across operations and projects
- Registered, or eligible for registration, with EGBC
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience in both Industrial Operations and Project Execution
- Motivated self-starter, with the ability to work under minimal supervision, and manage several priorities simultaneously
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.