Taseko Mines is a dynamic and growing Canadian mining company. Taseko is the operator of the state-of-the-art Gibraltar Mine, the second largest copper mine in Canada, with a nearly 700 person workforce, producing an average of 140 million pounds of copper per year.
In addition to being a large copper producer, Taseko is also an accomplished mine developer with a promising pipeline of gold, copper and niobium interests in both Canada and the United States. The company is currently constructing its first international copper mine – the Florence Copper Project – which will become a $250 million in-situ copper recovery operation, just an hour’s drive south of Phoenix Arizona.
Taseko attributes its continued success and expansion to its most valued asset, its people. Driven by excellence, our approach has been to seek out, identify and then hire the best. Excellence is always our goal and achieving it means attracting, training and rewarding those who share our ambition and passion to be the very best we can be.
This is your chance to join a team of experienced mining and environmental management professionals and become part of an exciting future of growth and personal development.
We currently have an opening at our Gibraltar Mine for the following position:
As part of our continuous growth we are currently sourcing a Senior Engineer, Mine Support within the Technical Services department at our Gibraltar Mine to complement our world class team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage daily utilization of mine systems and technology.
- Manage current mine site technology including, but not limited to:
- Wenco dispatch, wireless mesh radio network, dozer/drill GPS, survey drone, fragmentation analysis, etc.
- Evaluate, propose, implement and manage new technology to improve efficiency and productivity including semi-autonomous and autonomous applications.
- Oversee mine dewatering practices and projects.
- Interact with other departments on site to achieve Technical Services and site objectives.
- Evaluate mine production performance data and implement changes for improvements as necessary.
- Undergraduate degree in Mine Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in BC, or ability to register as such.
- 5+ years’ experience in open pit mining.
- Strong background in mine planning and operations.
- Significant exposure to current mine technology.
- Supervisory experience is considered a strong asset.
Gibraltar offers an excellent benefit package which includes competitive salary, a Registered Retirement Savings Plan and relocation assistance to Williams Lake. Gibraltar Mines Ltd. is a unionized organization, Unifor Local 3018. The company does not have a camp.
Williams Lake and area offers a unique combination of small city facilities, reasonably priced housing, excellent outdoor recreational opportunities and a temperate climate, all in a very central location, within easy driving distance to Kamloops, the Okanagan and the Lower Mainland.