Reporting to the Global Manager of Technical Marketing, the Senior Engineer, Coal and Coke Quality is responsible for providing advanced technical coke and ironmaking expertise to the Coal Business unit.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Provide the marketing team with coke and iron making expertise aimed at supporting the achievement of full value for our products
- Ensure value-in-use models for Teck Coal’s products reflect latest blending philosophies and technological updates
- Monitor existing products’ performance with objective of improving them based upon mine capabilities
- Develop short term and long term product blends incorporating the requirements of customers, mine operations, marketing, and logistics
- Work closely with the frontline marketing team to promote and develop Teck’s products with customers
- Identify and lead research efforts conducive to supporting or enhancing the value of Teck’s products
- Assess new coke and iron making technologies and evaluate their impact on Teck Coal’s products
- Enhance the reputation and value of Teck Coal’s products by means of presentations and publications at technical conferences
- Contribute to material stewardship, sustainability initiatives, and regulatory transportation requirements
- Bachelor degree in Metallurgy, Process Engineering, Mining, or Geology
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the areas of coke & iron making operations
- Strong knowledge of coal and coke quality is required
- Experience with applied research initiatives is an advantage
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the metallurgical coal market and its participants
- Advanced analytical and organizational abilities
- Ability to formulate new, creative solutions, and ideas, and gain their acceptance within the organization, and with clients
- Strong interpersonal, communication, relationship building, and management skills
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.