Reporting to the Superintendent, Maintenance, the Senior Compliance Supervisor, Contractor Safety is responsible for leading the Compliance team at Fording River Operations, ensuring safe administration and execution of work performed by contractors.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment through compliance with Teck’s Health & Safety, Environment Programs, the BC Mines Act, and the Health and Safety Reclamation Code (HSRC)
- Work closely with the Superintendent in developing and implementing the strategy for contractor safety compliance and competency across the site
- Lead and hold contractors and Teck contract managers and supervisors accountable to ensure safe and efficient completion of required contract work, that the contract work observed is value-added, and that sustainability and environmental requirements are met
- Administer the collective agreement, safety and mine regulations, and environmental regulations in a manner consistent with policies and procedures
- Coach, mentor and train Teck personnel in contract management best practices
- Complete daily reviews of all contractors working on site to ensure all are identified in the scope of the Enforcement Supervision group
- Conduct daily audits with both routine contractors and Teck supervision to ensure the safety and environment requirements of the Environment, Health, Safety, and Community (EHSC) work plan are sufficient and adhered to
- Ensure contract equipment has passed mobilization qualifications prior to permitting on site
- Work with Teck Coal Safety and Procurement teams regarding Contract Management system improvements such as advancing the vetting process for contractor selection, ensuring that purchase orders are inclusive of necessary requirements and advancing IT solutions for helping manage contractors
- Senior leadership experience with a track record of leading a high performing team
- Experience in contract management and/or environmental compliance
- Demonstrated organizational, enforcement, and employee relations skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate safe work plan development
- Must be comfortable enforcing standards in a respectful manner
- Self-motivated and driven to produce results and liaise with multi-disciplinary teams for continuous improvement
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite®, particularly in Excel, Outlook and Word; database experience is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.