Reporting to the Supervisor, Mining Systems, the Senior Analyst, Mining Systems is responsible for engaging business unit leaders, identifying, implementing and supporting technology-based business solutions that enable improvements in the safety, productivity and sustainability at Teck’s large scale mining and mineral processing operations worldwide. This role may require travel. While the successful candidate will report into Sparwood Shared Services, their workspace will be based at Line Creek Operations.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop and maintain relationships across all Teck operations and corporate offices to leverage contacts to facilitate alignment between the objectives of Teck operations and corporate objectives, and encourage communication and collaboration between operations in all geographic regions
- Apply organizational change management techniques to derive more value from existing technologies and ensure maximum adoption of new technologies
- Plan, develop, and support solutions to meet the business objectives of the Mine Operations, Engineering, and Operating Excellence departments at all Teck mining operations
- Mentor and coach a high performing group of permanent and contract technology professionals
- Develop expertise and breadth of knowledge by performing cross-team support for other Operational Technology teams
- Adhere to the Teck Digital Systems (TDS) change control and other policies and procedures
- Implement, support and continuously improve critical mining systems and technology, prioritizing safe production
- Facilitate and lead root cause analysis to ensure reliable, high performing systems
- Provide twenty four seven technical support services for critical issues as required
- Facilitate and support cyber-security improvements, incident response, and forensics
- Perform other tasks as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of progressively senior level experience delivering and supporting information technology systems in an industrial setting
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction and the ability to maintain strong relationships with business leaders, and application users
- Excellent written and verbal communications, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to coach and mentor
- Strong cross-functional team participant and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work autonomously and within a highly distributed team environment
- Excellent program and project management skills and strong knowledge of business analysis techniques
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with mining information systems and technologies such as fleet management systems, GPS, autonomous and tele-remote equipment, geotechnical monitoring, or related systems and technologies is a preference
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server Operating Systems, virtualization, Active Directory and computer networking fundamentals is required. Familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems would be an asset
- Some programming experience using Microsoft .NET C#/VB.NET, SQL Server, shell scripting and source control or equivalent would be an asset
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals relating to wireless networking, firewalls, and knowledge of common network protocols would be an asset
- Knowledge of serial, CANBUS, and digital I/O interfaces would be an asset
- Working level Spanish would be an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.