Taseko Mines is a dynamic and growing Canadian mining company. Taseko is the operator of the state-of-the-art Gibraltar Mine, the second largest copper mine in Canada, with a nearly 700 person workforce, producing an average of 140 million pounds of copper per year.
In addition to being a large copper producer, Taseko is also an accomplished mine developer with a promising pipeline of gold, copper and niobium interests in both Canada and the United States. The company is currently constructing its first international copper mine – the Florence Copper Project – which will become a $250 million in-situ copper recovery operation, just an hour’s drive south of Phoenix Arizona.
Taseko attributes its continued success and expansion to its most valued asset, its people. Driven by excellence, our approach has been to seek out, identify and then hire the best. Excellence is always our goal and achieving it means attracting, training and rewarding those who share our ambition and passion to be the very best we can be.
This is your chance to join a team of experienced mining and environmental management professionals and become part of an exciting future of growth and personal development.
We currently have an opening at our Gibraltar Mine for the following position:
As part of our continuous growth we are currently sourcing a Scheduler within the Mine Maintenance Department at our Gibraltar Mine to complement our world class team. If you have relevant qualifications, operational experience, and a desire to improve your career and quality of life, we'd be honored to have you consider Gibraltar Mines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Chair weekly scheduling meeting with all stakeholders.
- Responsible for priority scheduling and a rolling four-week maintenance plan.
- Manage capacity resource requirements for the four-week rolling maintenance plan.
- Develop and print completed work packages for the teams.
- Effective utilization of the 4SITE Maintenance Management System within the area of responsibility.
- Compile, update and distribute backlog reports.
- Review and prioritize maintenance work request with other team members.
- Complete appropriate paper work and entries into 4SITE as required daily
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to health, environment and community.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to function as part of a multi-functional team.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Excel, Word, CMMS, and Strong MS Project skills.
- Previous experience in a heavy industrial environment would be advantageous.
At Taseko, we pride ourselves in offering a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our employees have the opportunity for career and professional growth through development, education, and succession plan programs.
In addition, our compensation benefit package includes competitive salaries and vacation packages, Health and Insurance benefit program, and Retirement Savings Plan. Transportation is provided to/from Williams Lake and the mine site.
Williams Lake and area offers a unique combination of small city facilities, reasonably priced housing, excellent outdoor recreational opportunities and a temperate climate, all in a very central location, within easy driving distance to Kamloops, the Okanagan and the Lower Mainland.