Reporting to the Superintendent, Health and Safety, the Safety Supervisor will assist with the administration of a comprehensive health and safety program.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Manage and mentor a team of safety personnel including Safety Coordinators, Loss Prevention Officers, and Security Gate personnel
- Provide technical support and functional leadership to site departments and personnel in areas related to health and safety
- Ensure adequate Emergency Response requirements are met
- Provide guidance and recommendation to contractor safety initiatives
- Update and maintain sites Workplace Monitoring Program, including statistical analysis
- Guide and mentor the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct necessary Safety Training, Audits, and Inspections
- Maintain site and corporate Safety Reporting requirements
- Sustain the Health & Safety Management program
- Complete other responsibilities as required or as assigned
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or Applied Sciences
- Minimum five years related experience in the management of a safety team
- Possess a CRSP, CSP, ROH, or CIH designation would be an asset
- Possess a Canadian Registered Safety Professionals designation or willing to achieve this designation
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office® package: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Mining or heavy industry experience is preferred
- Ability to multi-task and keep accurate records
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.