Reporting to the Senior Safety Coordinator the Loss Control Officer will be the designated shift First Aid Attendant and is responsible to provide site access control in accordance with MPMC policies and procedures. The position also requires the collation of data, and information relevant to health, Safety and security of the mine site. The working schedule will be 7 x 7 rotating 12 hour shifts consisting of days and nights.
- Emergency response activities as it relates to the site Emergency Response Plan and applicable regulations
- Perform site orientation for contractors and visitors, drug and alcohol screening and breath alcohol screening as required
- Maintain mine site security through controlling visitor and vendor access to the property
- Assist with the Workplace Exposure Monitoring and medical surveillance programs
- Ensure adherence to MPMC environmental policy, work standards, management plans, and regulatory obligations and requirements
- Facilitate prevention and improvements in safe work culture and behaviour through coaching and interaction with site management, employees, contractors and visitors
- Assist with site safety training initiatives.
Minimum Qualifications & Preferences
- Valid WCB Occupational First Aid Level 3 or equivalent, minimum two years of experience
- Advanced level proficiency of MS Office programs
- Minimum two years of experience in health and safety related role in mining and/or industrial setting
- Valid Class 4 (or better) BC driver’s license
- BC Surface Mine Rescue certificate
- Knowledge of ore milling or mine operations processes
Qualified individuals are invited to forward a resume and cover letter to:
Mount Polley Mining Corporartion
Human Resources Depart.
firstname.lastname@example.org | fax#250.790.2613
An attractive salary package, including relocation, will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Mount Polley Mining Corporation is not a fly-in camp. Employees are expected to find their own accommodation. Daily transportation to/from the mine site is available from Williams Lake area. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicatnts for their interest in Mount Polley Mining Corporation, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted