Reporting to the Safety Supervisor, the Safety Coordinator is responsible for providing overall support to the Water Quality Department as part of the ongoing commitment to Everyone Going Home Safe and Healthy Every Day.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentorship and training to contractors, consultants and employees on safety
- Provide support to all areas in progressing our health and safety environment with the objective of furthering a proactive health and safety culture
- Maintain an active presence at Water Quality Operations and construction projects
- Evaluate and recommend Health and Safety Management Systems (HSMS) requirements to contractors
- Participate in and facilitate safety evaluations, audits, monitor and communicate company compliance and address concerns and issues to appropriate departments/operations management and contractors
- Implement continuous improvement for best safety practices
- Perform other responsibilities as required or as assigned
- Post-secondary diploma or equivalent in Health & Safety
- Three to five years’ experience in construction or other heavy industries
- National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) designation
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional/Certified Safety Professional (CRSP/CSP) designation or being in the process of attaining would be an asset
- Training and experience with behavior based safety or influencing organizational behavior within an industrial setting would also be considered a valuable asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to present information clearly and consistently to all levels of the organization
- Team player with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work with limited or no supervision
- Strong computer skills; specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to travel is a must
Consideration is given to candidates seeking promotion, the Company’s succession plan, and external candidates.
If you are interested in the above position, please submit your resume before July 24, 2018. For staff, please visit connect.teck.com, launch Building Strength with People, and select careers. For hourly, please apply directly to site HR, Mark Boudreau, Mark.Boudreau@teck.com.