Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Planning and Scheduling Supervisor, the Reliability Engineer, Mobile Maintenance is responsible for assisting in improving and maintaining the asset health program to maximize equipment availability and reliability for production. The successful candidate will work with various groups to provide technical assistance on reliability projects and other initiatives.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Perform and analyze inspection reports on equipment to determine equipment health and requirements for predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance
- Contribute to development and continuous improvement of equipment maintenance strategies and programs in collaboration with trades, planners, supervisors, and other maintenance personnel for new and existing equipment, using Reliability Centered Maintenance methodologies
- Work with oil sampling results and strategies to maximize component life
- Conduct facilitated Root Cause Analyses of bad actors and significant failures to provide mitigating actions
- Review fluid consumption data to help develop proactive leak fixes
- Drive the integration of Mobile Equipment Monitoring (MEM)
- Generate and present key performance indicators for mobile maintenance
- Provide training and support to trades and operators participating in various reliability processes
- Contribute to the overall efficiency of the maintenance departments by performing other technical functions as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, with one to six years of work experience in a related field being advantageous
- Eligible for or registered with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- A thorough understanding of Condition Monitoring techniques, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Failure Modes/Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is an asset
- Condition-based monitoring techniques (oil analysis, vibration analysis, infrared thermography) experience is an asset
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite® and Solidworks® 3D modeling software is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as effective interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Strong focus on safety and personal responsibility
- A positive, flexible, and self-motivated attitude is a must
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.