Taseko Mines is a dynamic and growing Canadian mining company. Taseko is the operator of the state-of-the-art Gibraltar Mine, the second largest copper mine in Canada, with a nearly 700 person workforce, producing an average of 140 million pounds of copper per year.
In addition to being a large copper producer, Taseko is also an accomplished mine developer with a promising pipeline of gold, copper and niobium interests in both Canada and the United States. The company is currently constructing its first international copper mine – the Florence Copper Project – which will become a $250 million in-situ copper recovery operation, just an hour’s drive south of Phoenix Arizona.
Taseko attributes its continued success and expansion to its most valued asset, its people. Driven by excellence, our approach has been to seek out, identify and then hire the best. Excellence is always our goal and achieving it means attracting, training and rewarding those who share our ambition and passion to be the very best we can be.
This is your chance to join a team of experienced mining and environmental management professionals and become part of an exciting future of growth and personal development.
We currently have an opening at our Gibraltar Mine for the following position:
As part of our continuous growth we are currently sourcing a Reliability Engineer within the Mill Maintenance Department at our Gibraltar Mine to complement our world class team. If you have relevant qualifications, operational experience, and a desire to improve your career and quality of life, we'd be honored to have you consider Gibraltar Mines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Downtime tracking, analysis and reporting.
- Failure analysis and reporting.
- Coordinate condition monitoring program, including vibration and oil analysis.
- Reviewing and improving maintenance tactics.
- Using data analysis and reliability principles to optimize business performance.
- Manage maintenance project, including design work using Solidworks.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or technical diploma combined with industry experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in reliability, mineral processing or similar heavy industries.
- Formal reliability training is considered a strong asset.
- Experience using vibration analysis, oil analysis and NDT inspection techniques.
- Solidworks or similar experience.
At Taseko, we pride ourselves in offering a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our employees have the opportunity for career and professional growth through development, education, and succession plan programs.
In addition, our compensation benefit package includes competitive salaries and vacation packages, Health and Insurance benefit program, and Retirement Savings Plan. Transportation is provided to/from Williams Lake and the mine site.
Williams Lake and area offers a unique combination of small city facilities, reasonably priced housing, excellent outdoor recreational opportunities and a temperate climate, all in a very central location, within easy driving distance to Kamloops, the Okanagan and the Lower Mainland.