Reporting to the Project Cost Analyst, the Project Information Assistant is responsible for implementing effective project information management and document control methods, procedures, and systems on all phases of the project.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Plan and implement project information and document management on assigned projects including setting up required document review sites. Such as gathering requirements, conducting end-user testing, and arranging end-user training
- Ensure that project information and documents are managed effectively through the full project lifecycle, including document handover from vendors, permanent filing of documents at project completion, and document handover to Operations at project close
- Act as liaison with subcontractors in expediting drawings and related information
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date document control logs, track responses, and report regularly on status to project management
- Maintain and update the SharePoint library for assigned projects
- Coordinate submittals and procure all closeout documents including warranties and Operating and Maintenance Manuals
- Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with relevant policies and procedures on assigned projects
- Act as key liaison with assigned projects, other Project Information Assistants, and IT Group
- Organize and deliver training to users of project information and document management, on tool usage and procedure requirements, and provide end user support as required
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Travel up to 60% to project sites
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
- Minimum five years of experience in a similar role in an engineering environment
- Strong skills in the area of information management and document control are essential
- Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written, and electronic forms
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with minimal supervision
- Process driven and able to identify methods to improve overall efficiencies
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Understanding of the document control numbering system and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Knowledge of the mining and or construction industry would be considered highly valuable
- Independent, self-motivated, able to take the initiative to liaise with other departments and external sources
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.