Reporting to the Senior Supervisor Mine Operations, the Pit Dispatch Supervisor plays a key role in the safe and productive operation of the crew. The successful candidate will rotate through multiple disciplines within Mine Engineering. This position follows a 4x4 days and nights rotation.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Optimize truck shovel operation to maximize production and minimize operating costs at all times
- Develop Life of Mine and Five Year Mine Plans and pertaining presentations and documentation, and provide support for related capital forecasting and cost modelling
- Build a mine plan schedule that includes production targets, major and support equipment hours/requirements, and operating days
- Ensure mine designs are coordinated with geotechnical, environmental, and other considerations
- Perform economic analysis and cost estimating as well as assist with production and cost reporting, tracking, and invoicing
- Create detailed costing models to evaluate mining options
- Develop project schedules, budget, risk register, and appropriate requests, and track and compare to previous plans
- Contribute to project design work as required, work on pit, spoil, haulage, and accessing mine designs
- Manage projects and contractors of various mine planning projects such as pre-development activities and pit bottom mining. Supervise contractors and serve as their first Point of Contact
- Tender packages including Scope of Work, Service Agreements, and Purchase Orders
- Conduct environmental, health, safety, and community plans and incident investigations
- Integrate and communicate with other site groups to develop the best overall plan
- Ensure equipment line up sheets are created in a timely manner in the morning adhering to all the sites requirements
- Perform other responsibilities as required or as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering with Mining, Civil or Geotechnical specialization; equivalent combination of education and mine engineering experience also considered
- Minimum four to ten years of experience
- Registered or ability to register as a member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC (EGBC)
- Previous experience in open pit, truck and shovel operations is an asset in short, medium, and long range planning
- Experience doing feasibility studies and cost estimates
- General operational and/or heavy equipment experience would be beneficial
- Flexibility and creativity in dealing with scheduling, mine planning and other complex issues
- Experience working on projects, overseeing, coordinating and communicating with multiple internal resources and external contractors
- Experience with Hexagon MineSight mine planning system is beneficial
- Experience with mine scheduling programs such as COMET and MSSO is an asset
- Strong computer skills Microsoft Office Suite®: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical, problem solving skills and comfortable making recommendations
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Capacity to work in a self-directed manner and possess good time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a technical team based environment
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.