Reporting to the Operating Excellence Specialist, the Operating Excellence Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining timely and critical insights into opportunities for improvement, and maintaining monthly Margin Improvement reporting to Site and Corporate groups.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Use continuous improvement methodologies to identify business value drivers, bottlenecks, and improvement ideas
- Support the Operating Excellence team in a highly structured process for scoping, implementing, and tracking improvement ideas through to sustainability
- Distill complex information and effectively communicate this information to various stakeholders for idea generation
- Provide support for the permanent measurement and review of Key Performance Indicators, cascaded through the organization
- Audit the process for ensuring organization is wired and aligned with the achievement of objectives
- Perform other responsibilities as required or assigned
- University degree in a related field
- Minimum two years of experience in an industrial business environment, experience in the natural resource sector is preferred
- Exposure to Business Process Improvement, Lean, Six Sigma, or other proven continuous improvement methodologies is an asset
- Strong spreadsheet modeling skills and a willingness to learn analytics tools such as; VBA, Macros, and PowerPivot. Experience with data analysis and business reporting, supported by technical skills, is desired
- Customer focused and understands the importance of delivering quality work products to stakeholders
- Ability to engage with the business owners and understand the role of support functions in an industrial environment
- Willingness to work in mining operations setting, and comfortable engaging with various levels of the organization
- Experience with workflow planning for self, others, and groups and has experience managing around roadblocks
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive attitude when dealing with challenges, conflicting opinions, ambiguity, and delayed timelines
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.