Reporting to the Senior Mine Engineer Supervisor, the Mining Technician (Survey) will be an integral member of the engineering team, responsible for performing field survey work and assisting with overall mine planning. The role will follow an 8 day on, 6 day off schedule with 10 hour shifts.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Provide assistance to the Engineering Group with:
- Surveying, including the generation of mine maps and the maintenance of an overall 3D surface of the operation
- Design layout and conformance monitoring
- Geotechnical monitoring
- Geology coal interpretations
- Drill and blast pattern layout and explosive loading instructions
- Provide daily survey support to the Operations group. Coordinate jobs and work closely with Operations Supervisors to ensure adherence to design
- Assist in maintaining mine engineering systems, including: Maptek I-Site 3D Scanner, Drill Navigation (Aquila, DABS), Geotechnical Monitoring Systems (Navstar, GeoExplorer), and High Precision Shovel Grade Systems (Wenco - Bench Manager)
- Arrange and provide training as needed for Co-op Students and Engineers in Training
- Coordinate continuous improvement opportunities with colleagues at other Teck Sites
- A two year technical diploma in Surveying, Geomatics, or Mining Engineering
- Experience using mine design software such as MineSight 3D and Maptek ISite 3D
- A track record of safe work ethic and superior performance, with the ability to work in a team and individually
- Proven organizational skills to maintain databases and historical information
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment and reprioritize work based on unforeseen changes
- Fit and prepared to work in a mountainous, outdoor environment
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.