The Long Range Mine Engineer will work closely with peers in the Engineering Department, Environment, Finance, Business Planning, Marketing, and the Operating departments. The successful candidate will develop and optimize all aspects of the long range plan, including major business decisions and the development of a new mining area to maximize the value of the site. This role is an excellent opportunity for an engineer looking to make a significant impact on the business. This role will be on a Monday to Friday EDO schedule.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Advance the development and permitting of new mining areas for Cardinal River Operations through application of Teck’s Project Management Framework
- Provide mine design, economic evaluations, cost estimating, productivity forecasting, geological interpretation, and production scheduling, particularly for the development of the MacKenzie Redcap project
- Incorporate, investigate, and develop best practice for Teck in areas of property evaluation, mine engineering design and scheduling, and alternative mining technology
- Aid in project management to set engineering scope, develop engineering RFPs, and evaluate proposals for engineering projects
- Aid in the maintenance of the site’s Reserves and Resources Statement
- Maintain an excellent relationship with the Alberta Energy Regulator to ensure Cardinal River Operations’ regulatory and permitting requirements are upheld
- University degree in Mining/Geological/Civil Engineering and be registered or eligible to be registered with APEGA as a P. Eng
- At least three years of previous work experience in a related field, and at least one year in either Short Range Planning or Operations is preferred
- Familiarity with project and contractor management is preferred but not mandatory
- Experience in surveying, drill and blast, and mine geology is considered an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite ®, XPAC, and Minesight 3D (or similar 3D mining software)
- A proven track record of sound designs, schedules, implementation, and reconciliations
- Self-motivated, interpersonal skills, and dedication to continuous improvement
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment, be flexible and organize multiple priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and excel in a team based environment
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.