Reporting to the Senior Supervisor, the Mine Operations Supervisor is responsible for assigning work and supervising mine operations crews in meeting production objectives in a safe, environmentally responsible and efficient manner.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop and maintain a safe working environment through compliance with Teck Coal’s Health & Safety Program and regulatory requirements
- Lead and motivate individuals in achieving operating targets and maximize employee work performance and productivity through coaching and feedback
- Manage and optimize truck, shovel, drilling and blasting functions
- Manage pumping activities around the mine for both pit dewatering and water quality initiatives
- Understand mine plans and mine maintenance activities and liaise with other shift supervisors, engineers and maintenance personnel in coordinating mining activities in an efficient manner
- Manage and supervise contractors
- Administer the collective agreement, safety and mine regulations and environmental regulations in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures
- Participate in industrial relations and safety investigations as required by the Senior Supervisor
- Manage other duties as required
- Minimum three years of direct experience supervising activities in an open pit mining environment
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, and proven track record of supervising a crew of employees
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, and energetic
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with demonstrated professionalism and ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Exposure to the Wenco Dispatch System is considered an asset but not mandatory
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.