The Red Chris mine is recruiting a Mill Operations Supervisor to join our Mill Operations Department. This position is for work at the remote Red Chris mine located 80 km south of Dease Lake, BC, in Tahltan traditional territory. The successful applicant will be required to work and stay in camp during their shift rotation. We offer a number of designated flight marshalling points within BC. Qualified applicants from the local communities are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Mill Operations Superintendent, the Mill Operations Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance with all safety, quality, schedule, budget and security requirements.
- Plan and supervise crew activities in accordance with production and maintenance schedules.
- Coach and develop employees through communication and measurement of performance, competency training and provide appropriate on-going feedback.
- Actively participate in the development of training and safety programs.
- Create, maintain and improve operational procedures.
- Maintain and utilize the company’s equipment, assets, and resources to ensure production, utilization and long term sustainability.
- Perform daily plant inspections and interactions with personnel to ensure safety, environmental compliance, housekeeping and equipment availability.
- Communicate with other departments to achieve daily plant priorities.
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to health, community, environmental protection and take action to ensure that unsafe practices or non-compliant behaviors do not occur.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of operating experience in mineral processing with 5 years of progressive supervisory experience preferably in open pit copper mining/milling operations
- Demonstrated knowledge in crushing, grinding, flotation, and thickening processes
- Must have Control Room /DeltaV DCS experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential
- Personnel motivation, training and development skills are essential
- Effective conflict resolution and decision making
- Effective operational troubleshooting skills
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Valid driver’s license
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS CAN SEND THEIR RESUME AND COVER LETTER IN MS WORD OR PDF FORMAT TO:
Red Chris Development Company - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include position title in the subject line of email
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted