Reporting to the Chief Metallurgist the incumbent will carry out engineering assignments relating to process optimization, process control, environment, or quality assurance. Work may be conducted in a plant or laboratory environment. Will involve assisting on larger complex projects as well as working independently on smaller or less complex assignments
- Conduct or direct laboratory or plant testing as required in support of group objectives, either individually or as part of a team
- Management of the on-stream analyser
- Identify and address production bottlenecks by working interdepartmentally with operating and maintenance personnel and providing technical solutions
- Perform metallurgical balances and audits
- Maintain concentrate shipment database
- Conduct all work activities in a safe and professional manner
Minimum Qualifications & Preferences
- Post-secondary education in Metallurgy, Chemistry or Mineral Processing, or equivalent industrial laboratory certificate/experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of mineral processing
- Analytical, observation and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Qualified individuals are invited to forward their resumes, including a cover letter to:
Mount Polley Mining Corporation
Human Resources Depart.
email@example.com | fax#250.790.2613
An attractive salary package, inlcuding relocation, will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Benefits inlcude paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
Mount Polley Mining Corporation is not a fly-in camp. Employees are expected to find their own accommodation. Daily transportation to/from the mine site is available from Williams Lake area. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mount Polley Mining Corporation, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.