Mount Polley Mining Corporation (MPMC) is currently recruiting for motivated, skilled and licensed Millwrights for immediate employment. The work schedule will be seven (7) twelve (12) hour shifts of work, Wednesday through Tuesday, followed by seven (7) days of rest. However, the incumbent must be flexible to work any shift structures assigned; weekends, overtime and off shift work.
Reporting to the Mill Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing overall mechanical support to our process facility and plant systems, always focused on continuous operations.
The Millwright is an integral member of the Maintenance department and is responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing, troubleshooting, dismantling machinery, conveyor systems, pulleys, and gearboxes.
Duties will include, but not limited to the following:
- Complete required preventative maintenance at defined intervals on all mechanical equipment
- Work with other trades in a flexible team environment to achieve great efficiency and productivity
- Support operations to locate and diagnose defects in process environment
- Balance and prioritize multiple tasks
Minimum Qualifications & Preferences
- BC or Inter‐Provincial Red Seal Endorsement Millwright Certification
- Focus and support of all Health, Safety, and Environmental procedures
- Analytical and problem‐solving abilities
- Ability to meet schedules and commitments with quality results
- Must be physically fit: position involves extensive walking, working from heights, working in confined spaces, climbing, awkward positions and carrying of materials
- Fluent in English
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with clean abstract
- Previous related industrial experience would be considered an asset
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Orientation towards continuous improvement and a strong sense of responsibility
Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
Qualified individuals are invited to forward a resume and cover letter to:
Mount Polley Mining Corporation
Human Resources Dept.
Mount Polley Mine is not a fly‐in camp. Employees must find their own accommodationssa. Daily transportation to/from mine site is available from Williams Lake area. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest in Mount Polley Mining Corporation, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.