Reporting to the Maintenance General Supervisor, the Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for all areas of maintenance activity. This position combines the responsibilities for trades, schedule execution, continuous improvement, and staffing to ensure company standards are maintained. This position will require the successful candidate to work shift work.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Oversee quality maintenance and repair of mine equipment to maximize availability and reliability for production
- Manage daily and weekly work schedules to ensure work is completed on time and on budget through usage of Short Interval Controls (SIC)
- Collect and analyze work delay codes to identify challenges to timely completion of scheduled jobs and work with available resources to reduce and eliminate identified delays
- Maximize employee work performance and productivity through supervision, completing evaluations, coaching, mentoring, and utilizing corrective discipline as required
- Manage contract labor as required
- Direct the troubleshooting of equipment failures to determine root cause and initiate appropriate remedial action
- Support the development of the 14-day schedule and the long range plan by providing feedback to the Short Term Planner and the Long Term Planner, respectively
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance compliance and that all repair history is properly documented in Dynamics AX®
- Assist in sourcing and requisitioning maintenance supplies, equipment, and services within budgeted guidelines
- Work with the General Supervisor to determine the need for, and approve the use of, contractors or overtime to ensure operational requirements are met
- Coordinate and recommend internal and external training for all skilled labor
- Be responsible for the following Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): downtime hours, schedule compliance, and labor factor
- Ability to drive and coach a culture of continuous improvement
- High School Diploma
- Possess a valid Journeyperson's ticket, related technical diploma, or engineering degree
- Experience in execution, planning, and scheduling of maintenance work
- Demonstrated abilities in organization, planning, employee relations, and teamwork
- Previous supervisory experience is considered an asset
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite® particularly in Excel, Outlook, and Word, training in Microsoft Dynamics AX will be provided
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.