Reporting to the Maintenance Planning Supervisor, the Maintenance Scheduler is responsible for liaising between the Mine Maintenance, Engineering, and Operations groups to ensure maximum use of maintenance execution resources and minimizing interruption to operations and production.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Verify resource requirements and availability before scheduling planned work
- Generate a short term maintenance schedule and review it with the Maintenance Supervisors and General Supervisor to incorporate operational concerns and limitations
- Maintain a long term load level view of upcoming resource requirements
- Release all work orders daily for dissemination to the Maintenance Supervisor and trades
- Maintain, coordinate, and expedite the flow of materials and components for scheduled work
- Lead Work Control Meetings with Engineering, Operations, and Maintenance
- Interact with Maintenance Supervisors to assist in ensuring schedules are followed and modified as necessary
- Assist in core and repairable component returns to vendors in a timely manner
- Aid in acquiring parts as identified by the Maintenance Supervisor for unscheduled work when required
- Acquire contract labor or equipment support as necessary
- Communicate inventory shortfalls and overstocks to warehouse
- Review completed work orders to identify any required changes or improvements
- Work closely with the Planners to track and report short term Key Performance Indicators and align scheduled workload with forecasted budget needs
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, is required
- A journeyperson’s ticket or post-secondary degree or diploma in a related engineering or technical discipline is preferred
- Basic typing skills and experience with the Microsoft Office® Suite, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel, are necessary. Training will be coordinated for our Computerized Maintenance Management System, Microsoft Dynamics AX, however previous experience would be an asset
- Previous experience with materials acquisition, planning, and scheduling in a maintenance environment is an asset
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to productively direct a team
- Possess a high level of energy, be detail orientated, and willing to embrace change
- Familiarity with maintenance processes and other system software is an asset
- Must be a proven team player and work well in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, resourcing skills, and the ability to follow up and meet deadlines is essential
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.