Reporting to the Supervisor, Safety & Loss Prevention, the Loss Prevention Officer is responsible for matters related to health, safety and site security. The role will be a 4x4 – two days and nights schedule.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Respond in times of emergency and administer first aid
- Oversee and provide site wide protection, including fire systems
- Participate in the Drug and Alcohol Program as a collector
- Support the high potential risk control strategy through participation in risk assessments, gap analyses and effectiveness reviews
- Assist in contractor risk management through review of safe work plans
- Perform industrial hygiene monitoring, including but not limited chemical, physical, biological and/or ergonomics hazards
- Facilitate health and safety training and New Hire Orientation
- Perform workplace monitoring and control access and egress to site
- Participate in awareness initiatives and health and safety program education
- Complete reports accurately
- Perform periodic health & safety inspections and participate in audits as required
- Provide guidance and direction for site procedures to ensure corporate and legislative requirements are met
- Assist in the development and implementation of Occupational Health & Safety programs
- Complete other duties as assigned or required
- Minimum OFA Level III or EMP Level III certification
- A Diploma or Certificate in Health & Safety would be considered an asset
- Excel in a high performance atmosphere
- Mine rescue ticket is an asset
- High School Diploma
- Strong computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite® package: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to speak in front of large groups
- Good trouble shooting, critical thinking and decision making abilities
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.