Reporting to the Manager, Health and Safety, the Health and Safety Clerk plays a key support role within the Teck Coal Health and Safety team.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Administrate Health and Safety Policies and Procedures for Teck Coal
- Manage document control of Health and Safety programs and databases
- Oversee and maintain the Teck Coal Health and Safety SharePoint site
- Support and maintain contractor management program administration
- Prepare, schedule, and conduct communication regarding safety training programs such as Courageous Safety Leadership, Respiratory Protection, and Contractor Management
- Distribute and prepare materials for Safety Meetings
- Prepare various manuals and materials for courses such as Mine Rescue, Emergency Preparedness, and Confined Space
- Conduct SiteLine data entry as required
- Contribute to the completion of assigned areas or sections of the Environmental Health and Safety Annual reports
- Perform other responsibilities as required or as assigned
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, with previous office administration experience
- Minimum seven years’ of experience in an associated field
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects on time and within budget
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and meet strict deadlines
- Exhibit advanced computer application skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite®: Outlook, Word, Excel and SharePoint are required
- Strong typing and data entry skills are required
- Experience writing reports is an asset
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.