Mount Polley Mining Corporation (MPMC) has a position available for a full‐time Environmental Field Technician to join our hardworking and dedicated team. The work schedule will be four (4) ten (10) hour day shifts of work, Monday through Thursday, followed by three (3) days of rest.
The Environmental Field Technician will report to the Mine Environmental Superintendent or their designate. As part of the environmental group, the incumbent will collect, analyse, and report on field samples as specified by MPMC environmental sampling requirements.
Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Collect field data and field samples to meet permit requirements
- Record data and activities in field book
- Process and prepare samples for shipping
- Input field data to database
- Maintain all field equipment
- Install sediment and erosion control structures
- Observe and report on environmental projects
- Assist with various environmental projects and assist in interpreting results
- Make field visits around the mine property by foot and/or by vehicle
- Work outside in extreme environment conditions
Minimum Qualifications & Preferences
- Post‐secondary degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Geology, Forestry, Environmental Engineering, or similar
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in environmental monitoring
- Physically fit, a motivated self‐starter and a strong team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Proven organizational and planning skills
- Strong computer and report writing skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Previous experience in silviculture and reclamation will be considered an asset
MPMC provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare. Interested individuals should forward their resumes, including a cover letter to:
Mount Polley Mining Corporation
Human Resources Dept.
Mount Polley Mine is not a fly‐in camp. Employees must find their own accommodations. Transportation to/from mine site is available from Williams Lake area. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest in Mount Polley Mining Corporation, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.