Reporting to the Senior Engineer Supervisor Quality, the EIT or GIT, Technical Marketing is responsible for contributing to resource quality characterization efforts, improving the consistency and quality of mine products. This position will support Marketing with evaluation of customer quality and provide an understanding on how mine processing impacts product quality. This is a development opportunity with training provided in the areas of mine quality planning and carbonization technology.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Compile and summarize vessel and train quality
- Prepare weekly quality reports for the Senior Management Team to review
- Update and maintain cargo carbonization database
- Summarize and analyze various coal and coke quality data
- Support other members of the Technical Marketing and Marketing groups with respect to customer service and product quality
- Assist with blending coal components based on 12 week and 18 month production plans
- Investigate changes in coal properties with blends of different components
- Perform other responsibilities as required or as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Process, Chemical, or Mining Engineering, Metallurgy, or Geology
- Ability to excel in a high performance atmosphere
- Strong computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite® package: Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. The ability to write clear and concise reports, as well as the ability to present technical information to a variety of audiences
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proven ability to build relationships across multi-disciplinary technical teams
- Good trouble shooting, critical thinking, and decision making abilities
- Motivated technical specialist and able to work under minimal supervision
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.