Reporting to the Senior Engineering Supervisor Maintenance, the Electronics Technician will maintain mobile telecommunications systems, such as mine dispatch, and two-way radios to maximize system performance. This position will also provide development support to various improvement projects including Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) and drill Global Positioning System upgrades. This role follows a 5x2 schedule with an earned day off, however is subject to change depending on operational requirements.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Respond to field calls related to Amplitude Modulation (AM), Frequency Modulation (FM) and two-way radio issues
- Support and maintain machine guidance systems such as Carlson Grade and Terrain
- Maintain the tire monitoring system (TyreSense) on rubber tire heavy equipment
- Calibrate and troubleshoot shovel payload systems
- Support various improvement projects such as WLAN and Radio Frequency Infrastructure
- Install and maintain remote monitoring systems such as flow meters and power monitoring
- Develop best practices, job procedures and troubleshooting guidelines as required
- Electrical Red Seal Trades Ticket or Electronics Technologist
- Knowledge of applicable federal, provincial and local safety laws is mandatory
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn various types of software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.