Reporting to the Process Operations Supervisor, the Casual Lab Sample Analyst is responsible for providing accurate coal preparation and assay testing to meet expected standards in laboratory performance.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Prepare and process daily production, composite and geology samples
- Analyze coal utilizing specific procedures that incorporate ASTM and company standards such as proximate analysis, dilatation, fluidity, phosphorus, sulfur, screening, mini washes, magnetite analysis, froth cell analysis.
- Work with Plant Engineering to provide sample analyses for circuit optimization and other project work
- Work with Mine Engineering to provide timely sample analyses of pit and exploration samples
- Input data and analysis results in pre-existing programs or create separate workbooks
- Monitor and evaluate data from test work to make rational decisions for follow-up
- Assist with Train Reports and maintaining the assay program
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the lab
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Technical post-secondary diploma, or equivalent, in a related field would be an asset
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite®, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to multi-task, strong organizational skills, motivated self-starter and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well as a team player or individually
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong math skills
- Physically capable of handling coal and refuse samples (up to 25kg)
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.