Taseko Mines is a dynamic and growing Canadian mining company. Taseko is the operator of the state-of-the-art Gibraltar Mine, the second largest copper mine in Canada, with a nearly 700 person workforce, producing an average of 140 million pounds of copper per year.
In addition to being a large copper producer, Taseko is also an accomplished mine developer with a promising pipeline of gold, copper and niobium interests in both Canada and the United States. The company is currently constructing its first international copper mine – the Florence Copper Project – which will become a $250 million in-situ copper recovery operation, just an hour’s drive south of Phoenix Arizona.
Taseko attributes its continued success and expansion to its most valued asset, its people. Driven by excellence, our approach has been to seek out, identify and then hire the best. Excellence is always our goal and achieving it means attracting, training and rewarding those who share our ambition and passion to be the very best we can be.
This is your chance to join a team of experienced mining and environmental management professionals and become part of an exciting future of growth and personal development.
We currently have an opening at our Gibraltar Mine for the following position: Buyer, Supply Chain
As part of our continuous growth we are currently sourcing a Buyer within the Supply Chain Department at our Gibraltar Mine to complement our world class team. If you have relevant qualifications, operational experience, and a desire to improve your career and quality of life, we'd be honored to have you consider Gibraltar Mines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process purchase requisitions generated by various departments.
- Adopt and apply procurement policy to all purchasing related activities.
- Issue and evaluate RFQ’s and RFP’s.
- Ensure optimal pricing with vendors on an ongoing basis.
- Assist departments with employing proper procurement processes and communication of procurement policy.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- SCMP designation or equivalent Supply Chain training.
- Excellent communication and document management skills.
- Minimum 5 years purchasing experience in a mining or industrial construction environment.
- Experience and working knowledge in a union environment would be advantageous.
At Taseko, we pride ourselves in offering a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our employees have the opportunity for career and professional growth through development, education, and succession plan programs.
In addition, our compensation benefit package includes competitive salaries and vacation packages, Health and Insurance benefit program, and Retirement Savings Plan. Transportation is provided to/from Williams Lake and the mine site.
Williams Lake and area offers a unique combination of small city facilities, reasonably priced housing, excellent outdoor recreational opportunities and a temperate climate, all in a very central location, within easy driving distance to Kamloops, the Okanagan and the Lower Mainland.