Reporting to the Maintenance Senior Engineering Supervisor, the Asset Health Supervisor monitors real-time mobile mining equipment data and combines it with other available condition based information (oil analysis, performance history, inspections, current identified work backlog, operator feedback) to make informed maintenance decisions to optimize equipment performance. This role will follow a 4 days on, 4 days off (days and nights) rotation.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Assist tradespeople in rapid troubleshooting of down equipment and dispatching tradespeople with appropriate diagnostic information
- Review real-time data including trends and alarms to monitor asset health risks and downing equipment if required
- Triage incoming maintenance concerns from operators and guide them through preliminary troubleshooting remotely
- Identify pending failures that can be planned and scheduled in the future
- Provide direct feedback to equipment operators on Operator Driven Reliability (ODR) practices and performance and follow up on operator concerns
- Assist the reliability department with identifying bad actors and continuous improvement of maintenance strategy to match operational practices
- Perform other responsibilities as required or assigned
- High School diploma, or equivalent, and Journeyman’s ticket, or related technical diploma, is required
- Preference will be given to people with experience troubleshooting haul trucks (Caterpillar, Komatsu) or shovels (P&H) both electrically and mechanically
- Skilled at exercising good judgement and making effective, sound, informed, and timely decisions, supported with data where possible
- Strong computer skills, particularly in OEM systems, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, Microsoft® Excel, Outlook, and Asset Health Monitoring systems is considered an asset
- Skilled at adjusting priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events; modifying decisions and actions in response to changing information and circumstances
- Excellent communication skills, proven human relation, and follow-up skills are required
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills including conflict resolution
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.