Taseko Mines is a dynamic and growing Canadian mining company. Taseko is the operator of the state-of-the-art Gibraltar Mine, the second largest copper mine in Canada, with a nearly 700 person workforce, producing an average of 140 million pounds of copper per year. In addition to being a large copper producer, Taseko is also an accomplished mine developer with a promising pipeline of gold, copper and niobium interests in both Canada and the United States. The company is currently constructing its first international copper mine – the Florence Copper Project – which will become a $250 million in-situ copper recovery operation, just an hour’s drive south of Phoenix Arizona. Taseko attributes its continued success and expansion to its most valued asset, its people. Driven by excellence, our approach has been to seek out, identify and then hire the best. Excellence is always our goal and achieving it means attracting, training and rewarding those who share our ambition and passion to be the very best we can be. This is your chance to join a team of experienced mining and environmental management professionals and become part of an exciting future of growth and personal development.
We currently have an opening at our Gibraltar Mine for the following position:
As part of our continuous growth we are currently sourcing an Administrator, IT within our Administration department at our Gibraltar Mine to complement our world class team. If you have relevant qualifications, operational experience, and a desire to improve your career and quality of life, we'd be honored to have you consider Gibraltar Mines.
Reporting to the Planner, Systems, the Administrator, IT will be responsible for providing high quality technical support for all servers and users at Gibraltar Mines. The successful applicant will also work alongside the Technician, IT to provide client service to a mine site of approximately 670 employees, through the administration of the site Help Desk.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, configure and support site hardware and systems including Windows client workstations and laptops; printers, plotters and copiers; Windows server systems; and site firewalls and network devices
- Maintain and troubleshoot physical and wireless networking including Ethernet, fibre and WiFi connections
- Maintain and monitor site security infrastructure including site firewalls and Advanced Endpoint Protection
- Maintain communications systems (VOIP systems: Mitel PBX; mobile phones: iPhones)
- Support site surveillance systems
- Administer and support Active Directory Environment including the adding, removing and modifying of user accounts and devices, and the configuration of DNS and DHCP services
- Support Virtual Server Environment and storage through VMware and NetApp NAS, as well as Commvault Backup Software
- Support Enterprise Asset Management Software (4Site Asset Management)
- Maintain and support communication links between process and business systems (Capstone Parkview, DeltaV DCS and Historian, and Wenco Fleet Management)
- Write procedures and various technical documents
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems
- Completion of a technical writing course focused on IT
- 5+ years’ experience in the IT Field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential; must have the ability to communicate effectively with users of varying degrees of computer knowledge
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure and be able to work alone with minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications including Office 2010/2016/365 and Windows 7/10
- Experience administering server operating systems and applications (Microsoft Server, Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, and SQL Servers)
- Experience installing and supporting Ethernet and wireless networks for local and remote connectivity
- Experience working with NAS and Virtual Environments (NetApp Storage and VMware)
- Experience working with industrial control systems
At Taseko, we pride ourselves in offering a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our employees have the opportunity for career and professional growth through development, education, and succession plan programs.
In addition, our compensation benefit package includes competitive salaries and vacation packages, Health and Insurance benefit program, and Retirement Savings Plan. Transportation is provided to/from Williams Lake and the mine site.
Williams Lake and area offers a unique combination of small city facilities, reasonably priced housing, excellent outdoor recreational opportunities and a temperate climate, all in a very central location, within easy driving distance to Kamloops, the Okanagan and the Lower Mainland.
For further information about the Company, visit our website at www.tasekomines.com ; and about the Williams Lake Area and the Cariboo District visit the website www.landwithoutlimits.com