Reporting to the Human Resources Advisor, the Administrative Assistant, Human Resources (New Grad) is responsible for providing administrative assistance and clerical support to the Human Resources (HR) department on site. This role is a great opportunity for anyone who has recently completed a business degree and is looking to start a career in Human Resources. The successful candidate will have the chance to be mentored by the HR Superintendent and HR Advisor, and has the potential to advance into an HR Advisor role in the future.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Maintain and distribute reports, statistics, and bulletins
- Assist with new hires orientation, employee sign on and information changes
- Plan and organize various annual site functions (Christmas Party, Caring for Kids fund raiser)
- Maintain and update Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Supports and assist operational departments on the appropriate usage of leave entitlements, benefits administration and recruitment as needed
- Provide administrative support to the HR Superintendent and other appropriate departments when additional support is required
- Maintain employee benefits and be the liaison between the company and insurance providers
- Maintain electronic filing system
- Perform other responsibilities as they arise
- Business degree, diploma, or relative experience
- Ability to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment, and set and adhere to deadlines
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in or working knowledge of applicable employment and benefit laws and legislation
- Quick learner and adaptable to change
- Attention to detail and the ability to professionally manage confidential material will be critical
- Must have considerable computer and software application proficiency
- Previous experience in a related discipline is highly recommended
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.